Ryan C. Smith
Tel: 716-634-8800 | 888-634-0001
Ryan provides financial solutions to individuals, trusts and businesses. His services include guidance to clients regarding financial planning, investments and portfolio analysis. He joined Dopkins & Company, LLP in 2019 following graduation from Canisius College.
Principal areas of expertise
Ryan served an extended internship at a leading business consulting firm. While there he interacted directly with the lead advisors and clients with respect to tax planning and compliance, investment management, estate planning and trust services, risk management and Insurance, expense management and reporting, as well as business advisory services. He also served an internship at one of the oldest, independently-owned brokerage companies in Western New York. While there he worked with analysts with respect to strategic planning, stock and investment options.
While at Canisius College, Ryan was a student analyst for their Golden Griffin Fund. The program is a student ran mutual fund where each analyst is responsible for monitoring held companies, tracking economic indicators, along with composing an investment analysis of a company to, potentially, add into the fund. Additionally, Ryan was a member of the Legal & Compliance committee for the fund where he was responsible for the record keeping of investment decisions.
- Bloomberg Terminal Certified
- Morningstar Direct Certified
- Bachelors of Science in Finance, Canisius College
- Participant, Emerging Business Leaders. The Emerging Business Leaders is a group developed by the Amherst Chamber of Commerce focused on developing the next generation of leaders in Western New York.
- ETF or mutual fund? Which is right for you?
- The Fed’s Decision on Rates & The Impact
- A Disciplined Approach to Investing is No Gamble
- The Election and the Market
- Video: The Benefits of Choosing the Right Advisor
- Market Prices Are Forward Looking While Economic Data Is Backward Looking
- CARES Act Impact on Retirement Investors
- Staying invested while the market is falling
- The SECURE Act and Its Impact
- How much can you save for retirement in 2020?